"The worth of a book is to be measured by what you can carry away from it." (James Bryce)

Thursday, September 24, 2015

DISHING THE DIRT (M.C. Beaton)

Agatha's back!  I wasn't really sure if I was going to continue reading this series because Agatha was starting to get on my nerves, a little too abrasive, a little too stupid about men, and surrounded by people who were a bit too unfeeling.  M.C. Beaton has a winner with Dishing the Dirt.  I think that Agatha was at a kind of evolutionary standstill, but now she HAS evolved. Thank you, M.C. Beaton!

When Agatha discovers that Jill Davant, a therapist new to the area, has been digging into her past, Agatha is incensed and threatens to kill the woman.  You can guess what happens next!  For fans of the series, I won't go into the plot in much detail (more bodies, Agatha in danger, James and Charles show up periodically, and one handsome man piques Agatha's interest).  What I especially liked about this, the 26th in the series, was that Agatha seemed a bit more human and less of a caricature than usual, Charles and James were more caring and compassionate.  I REALLY want Agatha and Charles to realize that they are soulmates and belong together.  I think that Charles is beginning to realize that, but Agatha still seems clueless!  I guess we'll have to wait until number 27 to see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment