"The worth of a book is to be measured by what you can carry away from it." (James Bryce)

Friday, August 24, 2018

GHOSTED (Rosie Walsh)

For some reason I keep forgetting the name of this author, which is VERY weird because my mother's maiden name is actually Rosemary Walsh!  Duh!

This is one of those romantic past/present novels with plot twists and turns that you might or might not see coming, but will still love.  Sarah returns to her hometown, the scene of a tragic accident years before, and meets a man called Eddie.  The spend a blissful week together, fall in love, and pledge to reunite when Eddie returns from his trip to Spain.  But Eddie doesn't return and Sarah never hears from him.  Her close friends tell her to forget him, that he couldn't have been what he seemed to be, but Sarah believes that something terrible must have happened to Eddie. 

The story is told in a combination of current and past first person accounts and letters.  I have to admit that I found the letters confusing until I realized who was writing them and to whom they were written, but overall I enjoyed the timeline.  Walsh reveals the story bit-by-bit, traveling back 19 years and back and forth between characters.  I hope that Walsh continues with her writing career.  she is one to watch for future reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment