"The worth of a book is to be measured by what you can carry away from it." (James Bryce)

Thursday, January 12, 2012

A HOLIDAY YARN (Sally Goldenbaum)

I was a little confused when I started reading because I didn't realize that A Holiday Yarn actually come BEFORE The Wedding Shawl.  Now I feel better and less confused about Izzy and Sam's relationship!

Nell, Ben, Izzy, and the whole Seaside Knitters gang are knitting in preparation for Christmas and the opening of Mary Pisano's new bed-and-breakfast, converted  from her family's ancestral home in Sea Harbor.  Not everyone is thrilled about the new business in the area, however.  When Mary's glamorous cousin Pamela, a magazine publisher, is found dead of on the porch of the B&B after a family meeting, it appears to be suicide, but murder seems more likely, especially after another suspicious death occurs.  Is someone trying to stop the B&B from ever opening its door or did someone from Pamela's past hold a grudge for past wrongs against them? Much of the evidence points toward amiable chef and friend Kevin, so, as usual, the Seaside Knitters get involved in tracking down answers before some else gets hurt.

I have to admit that I guessed the murderer on page 182, but it didn't detract from my enjoyment of this great little cozy.  Goldenbaum comes through again!

No comments:

Post a Comment